Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BRRRR! It is freezing here in Minnesota. Today's high is a negative 2. I wonder sometimes why we chose to live here. Thoughts of any warmer climate sound really good right now. So this is my random thought I had last week as I walked the mall for exercise. Why do people buy lattes, etc. to drink when they are walking the mall? In my twisted thinking, if you trying to get healthy, lose a little weight, why buy a drink with lots of calories? Or I saw someone sitting at a table with a package of cookies on it. And it was a regular size package that I would buy for my family, not the individual serving size. Doesn't make sense to me. Well neither does a diet that won't allow chocolate. The other sight I saw was an older gentleman carrying his ipod. I overheard him telling a friend that his son had given it to him with songs already on it. The sad part was, it seemed like he couldn't figure out how to make it work. So he carried the ipod and earbuds in his hand. Next time, I guess I'll have to be braver and offer to help. For myself, I need to remember to make sure my mp3 player is charged. I had no tunes to listen too. Lesson learned.

No comments: