
So has begun the initiation of the parents into the life of teenagers going to high school dances. Noelle and I spent a hour or two looking for the perfect shoes to go with her hot pink dress, only to find out after we bought the shoes, that no high heels were allowed on the gym floor. So under her sparkly dress is a pair of hot pink flip flops. (I returned the shoes since she decided she wouldn't wear them anyways.)
She had gone dress shopping with her dad while we were in Utah, which was a smart move if I do say so myself. Dad is better at saying "No, not that dress." Anyways, after a futile trip in Utah, she found the dress she wanted online. It was exactly what she had found in Utah, but was in her size.
The kids didn't want pictures taken, but as you can see the parents overruled. It is hard to imagine that we are imbarking on a new era of life: high school. This is a great group of kids who have a lot of fun together.
I have another hour and a half to stay up until it is my turn to go and pick up the kids from the dance......so I'll continue this line of thought another time.

1 comment:
Isn't it amazing that our girls are now at the age to wear dresses like these to dances? Wow.
Thank you again for letting us stay with you. The kids had a lot of fun!
Post a Comment